Colour space. What does it mean and why do designers care?
Being an expert on colour space is the job of any designer who wants to be successful. That’s because different mediums require different types of colour, and using the wrong one can have disastrous effects.
It may not occur to you, but your computer screen is emitting colour as light, while […]
Graphic designers use the word layout to refer to the placement and position of many objects which add up to create one design or spread. If you are viewing a magazine, brochure or website that has been laid out well, you won’t even notice, because the pages will be easy to read, pleasing to the eye, and interesting.
However, if you’re […]
So what’s the difference, and why should we care?
A raster (or bitmap) image is made of thousands of little squares, or pixels. The best example of this is a photograph. Because each pixel has been assigned it’s own colour value, and there are millions of them in an image, raster images are rich in detail, which mimics realism. They are […]
Why is Branding Important?
- Branding promotes recognition
- Your brand helps set you apart from the competition
- Your brand tells people about your business DNA
- Your brand provides motivation and direction for your staff
- Your brand represents you and your promise to your customer
- Your brand helps you create clarity and stay focused